Share on Facebook

Monday, February 1, 2010

Marriage and humor...

Okay... there was a post from another blog that I found where a group of women were asked to give their advice in one short statement about how to make a marriage work.  Really, there were a lot of good things in the post.  If you want to read it, here it is.

There are however some, that in my opinion, are more funny and, well, detrimental to a marriage than anything else.

So here they are...


- Two magic words, “Yes, dear”. Very freeing! The pressure just dissolves. I feel happy, generous, and relieved.
(Subservience at it's finest)

- I will not engage in an argument because the spirit will not be there.
(Avoidance...always the best policy)

- Never expect him to come home at a certain time; that way you’re not disappointed when he is late.
(Lower your expectations, that makes life so much easier.)

-Work on your relationship with yourself and with the Lord before trying to FIX your marriage or parenting.
(Yes, your spouse should come 3rd...or maybe 4th)

- Remember these three words: you’re probably right!
(Now go get him a sandwich...and come back naked.)

Now I'm not all cynical and nitpicky... so go back to the top and go to the original post... there really is a lot of good stuff there.

My favorite quote was...

“You don’t stop dancing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop dancing!” Keep the fun in your marriage.

Good advice..

2 comments:

  1. Alright Mr C,
    "Yes dear" does not mean subseviance it could just mean. Fight for the big stuff let the small stuff go

    Not expecting him home is not lowering your expectations but having realistic ones.

    Working on a relationship with yourself and with the Lord may put your spouse 3rd but isn't that one reason you left because there was no you anymore?

    Not engaging in an argument could mean instead engage in a disscussion.

    Now as for the last one I got nothing. It would go straight to his head if I said that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... you read my blog! That's awesome!

    Really, all meant in humor.

    Except the list one perhaps....I was nowhere close to 3rd or 4th. In fact, I can list a dozen things that were higher priority. Know yourself, sure, make yourself a priority? sure. Do that WITH your spouse... that's even better.

    Believe me, I don't have all the answers. I do, however have some good experience in what 'not' to do on both sides of a relationship.

    ReplyDelete