Share on Facebook

Monday, February 1, 2010

New beginning...

You can't have a new beginning without being done with something from the past.  Otherwise, it's just a same beginning and who wants that?

So there are some things that I've decided I'm done with.

...letting other peoples anger affect me.

...hiding who I am and who I am not (I've been working on this one for a while now.)

...keeping one foot in the past.


...waiting for someone else to make an effort.


...punishing myself for things I cannot control.


...worrying about what others may think, which is easier said than done.


...owning other peoples emotions. I can still be sensitive to them without taking ownership.

...making an effort in relationships that are clearly not important enough to the other party to warrant that effort. 

...comparing myself, my life and what I am to a former system of beliefs.  I can still be a good person weather I'm accepted or not by that particular organization.


...debating and justifying myself to others. (Although, I like a good discussion and am still open to that, it doesn't need to be for the purpose of justification for myself or for the convincing of others.)

So onward and upward.  I'll move forward trying to be a good person, a good dad, a good husband.  I will base my emotions on my own terms and circumstance.  I will love and show love how I want to and I'm grateful for a partner that allows that freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment